Friday, March 25, 2022

Friday Ramble

Oh what a whirlwind is March ... but it is, officially, Spring now! There's tiny green leaves on trees and cheerful early blooms spreading their cheer, the days stretching longer with the hope of a new season. And the weather is as wacky as only a Carolina March can be. Some things never change, eh? 

#LucyMaudMarch Update
I'm a little behind on what I planned to read, mostly because I got sidetracked by a few other really good books, including Love & Saffron (Fay) and Run, Rose, Run (Parton + Patterson). Finding out the print in my copy of Pat of Silver Bush was much smaller than remembered slowed things down a bit too, ha ... It was delightful to revisit Silver Bush after many, many years however. I'd like to read one or two more before the end of the month - optimistic, I know. But maybe, just maybe ... I'll keep you posted. 
Have you done any Lucy Maud reading?

Tolkien Reading Day
Today is a glorious day for fans of hobbits and elves and dwarves! On this day, in the Lord of the Rings, the Ring was destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom. You can find out more from the Tolkien Society here, and if you want to find a Middle Earth-related (or Tolkien-related!) read for the weekend, here's a quick link to a broad library search.

Audiobooks
Over the last several years, I've really fallen in love with audiobooks ... the make me feel like my driving time is somewhat productive, and it's fun to mix things up a bit. Typically, I've listened to the more traditional books on CD/MP3, but recently I discovered how to connect my phone to the car audio, and can now play digital audiobooks in my car! It's glorious, ha. My favorite part is being able to pick up the story again easily if I switch cars, or if the urge to take a nice spring walk arrives - just switch to earbuds and I can listen and walk.
Have you explored our collection of e-audiobooks in the Digital Depot? There's over 400 to listen to! And you can search, download, check out (and return), and listen all within the Libby app! So easy!
And for even more, you can swing by the NCKids collection (just add NCKids as another library in Libby, pick Randolph County, and sign in with your library card & PIN numbers). NCKids is a great resource for elementary and middle grade books - although they have some YA fiction as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment