Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday Ramble

Another Friday, another ramble ... Is anyone else confused by how fast time is flying this year? It seems like just yesterday it was mid-July, and now we're less than a week from Thanksgiving! It's a busy time for everyone, but here's a few rambling thoughts for you...

Festive Reading
Do you read Christmas/holiday books? If so, when do you normally start reading them? I try to wait until October 1st every year, but this year I actually started the last week of September - Susan Mallery has a new book, The Christmas Wedding Guest, and I managed to snag a copy on release day. 
Since then, I've read a few others, and have a nice sized stack waiting for me to get to ... There's something about holiday books - a special sparkle, a little extra magic (even when there's no "actual" magic involved). A friend recently asked me for a list of titles to help jumpstart her festive reading, so I'll share some here as well. [Note: some of these are newer releases and others are backlist; I tried to mix it up so not everything has a waitlist.]
The Olympics
It seems a little strange to be thinking about the Olympics already, since we just had the [delayed] Summer Games a few months ago, but ... I'm excited. The Winter Games are my favorite, and it's nice to have something exciting to look forward to in the wintry months post-holidays.

Book Bingo
Yes, Book Bingo is coming back! Our Winter board will go live after Thanksgiving and run through the end of February ... because adding a little spice to our reading makes hibernating more fun!

Personal Reading
I've read more so far this year than I did in all of 2020, and I am very pleased with that fact. I may be behind on my official Goodreads goal, but the most important thing is the reading mojo is returning, and I'm enjoying more books again ... Besides, there's still a month and a half left - who knows what I might manage to read in that time?

No comments:

Post a Comment