Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Ramble

Somehow, Summer has ended and Fall is slipping its way into our lives. School is back in session, college football season starts now, and September is a few days away. I don't know about you, but I feel like this summer flew by at a startling pace. Summer Reading has been over for almost a month, but it feels like just yesterday I was brainstorming ideas and sketching out the rules. (Or maybe it was -- I know the theme for next year already, and my imagination is giddy with delight. Just wait and see!).

Season changes can be fun times though. Late summer/fall can be a very busy time in the publishing world, and there are a lot of great looking books coming out soon! (Especially true of YA offerings - September alone has so many books!) The weather will eventually start shifting, leading to cooler days perfect for curling up with a good book and light blanket. And the football, always the football.

In the spirit of changing seasons and months, and the loveliness of Friday, how about a quick peek at some of the things I'm looking forward to?

I love the Shopaholic books, y'all. I think they may have been my first true foray in the world of "chick lit," and I've been a reader ever since. Becky Brandon is hilarious, her misadventures so impossible in my world -- but she's also so very real. She's flawed, and I love her for that. Looking forward to see what kind of trouble she can get into in Hollywood (my guess: a lot!) The only thing I'm not keen on is the cover ...

I've already mentioned the oodles of new YA titles coming out. If you want to take a peek for yourself, here's a pretty impressive list (and it only goes through September!) I think 2014 is going to go on record as a great year for books.

In non-book related channels, I'm working on a fun project that is requiring some quality time with this fantastic book ... As a lover of story, fantasy, and maps? This is one of the coolest things you could ask me to do ... Having a lot of fun with my 'research,' and can't wait to share more about the project in weeks to come!

Speaking of awesome 'imaginary' places ... Have you seen the newest addition to the "Darth Vader and Son series" by Jeffrey Brown? The book is Goodnight, Darth Vader, and I love the new poster:
For more information, or to download your own copy of the poster awesomeness, visit the official Chronicle Books site.

So there you have it ... a quick snapshot of Friday fun, and fall expectations.

What do you look forward to most about the changing seasons? Is there an upcoming fall release book that really has your attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment