Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Meet the Librarian

Since this is a brand new blog, and I'm a brand new librarian, this seems like a good time to introduce myself.

Name: Rebecca Fleming
Occupation: Librarian, Archdale Public Library
Specialization/Area of Interest: Teen Services

I joined the Archdale staff in January, and am very happy to be here! I love the small-town atmosphere, and am already starting to recognize the regular patrons. I'll be the primary writer of this blog, and am excited to see how it evolves. (Have you voted in the poll yet? While I am more than capable of creating "random" posts, I'd love to know what you would like to read.)

One thing you can definitely expect to see is a growing Teen/Young Adult element. Teen Services is my personal library passion, and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to begin reaching out to Archdale teens and young adults, through the library collection as well as programming in the (hopefully near!) future. I've been reading YA literature for most of my life, and some of my favorite books - and most anticipated upcoming releases - fall into that category.

My other reading interests include a wide variety of genres and authors from Jane Austen (including a lot of the paraliterature: spinoffs, sequels, prequels and retellings) to fairy tale retellings to historical fiction to contemporary women's fiction. In other words, I am a major bookworm. I'm always discovering new authors and books, often enjoying reads I'd never have expected to like, and am happy to share my reading discoveries with others.

I'm excited about the new library adventure(s) to come, and look forward to sharing my experiences with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment